Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mode-Profile... Jo Clark





JO CLARK

1. What have you learned from modelling?

 I've learned so so much from modelling, I've learned that you cannot take anything personally and that you need to be you, you can't try to be anyone that you aren't. Most importantly to take every opportunity that you can get because it could make all the difference in the world as to what you accomplish!

2. What was it like shooting the cover and inside editorial for this month's Avenue?

 It was amazing, one of the best photoshoots ever! What better place to shoot than the international airport?! I really got into this shoot because of the amazing atmosphere here at the airport, not to mention the awesome people I got to work with!



3. How has modelling affected your personal life?

 It has definitely affected my attitude and wardrobe, I'm way more confident in myself than when I didn't model and it gave me friends in which I could relate very closely with. I was opened up to a whole new world and got to wear exceptional clothing from amazing designers, it pushed me to have my own person style but be bold at the same time.

4. What's the best advice mode ever gave you?

 The best advice mode has ever given me is that if you work hard and stay focused you can get where you need/want to be. You can't just sit around waiting for something miraculous to happen, you need to push yourself to be that amazing person to get where you deserve to be.

5. What are your goals for modelling in the future?

 My goals are to defiantly travel as much as possible, and hopefully make a few more magazine covers! I want to learn more and more about the industry for as long as I can and continue to just have fun with it.

6. What's your favourite part of being with Mode Models?

 Mode is the best agency I could have ever signed with, I have so many best friends that I've met through mode and I don't know if I'd even be anywhere doing modelling without them! Mode always is well organized and I can count on them to have my back as their model :)




7. How were you discovered?

 I actually told my mom I wanted to model when I was in grade 9 so we started looking for agencies when Modemodels popped up, so we did some heavy research and decided to go for an open call. Mode called us back within a few days and said they'd like to have me sign as an international model too, that was my dream come true right there.
 
8. What are your future plans?

 Who really knows where my future will take me but as I am graduating this year from grade 12, hopefully I will get to travel for a year and then I plan to pursue my passion for hairstyling through marvel college and maybe one day open a salon of my own:)